Sneaky Veggie Instant Pot Lasagna takes instant pot cooking and veggie sneaking next level! This version is a quick assemble and a quick cook time - plus, hello veggies!
My antics of sneaking veggies into our dinner time meals continues with Sneaky Veggie Instant Pot Lasagna!
This time, I brought my beloved Instant Pot to the party! This is a a huge win for me because it works well as prep ahead, cook time is short, it is packed with veggies, AND my husband ate it up!
This recipe is not your average Instant Pot recipe because it is cooked using the Pot in Pot method. This means the water is placed in the insert, but your food is put onto a trivet and in a separate bowl. I use this set up to do this lasagna.
Don’t be afraid of swapping cottage cheese for ricotta in lasagna, it is a great swap and high protein. That, coupled with the spinach and zucchini makes this a sneaky, yet delicious dinner!
For make ahead, assemble the lasagna in the stainless bowl, cover and refrigerate until you want to cook it on a weeknight.
When you get home from work, all you need to do is put it in your IP, and by the time you have got out of your work clothes and wrangled the family, dinner is done.
Sneaky Veggie Instant Pot Lasagna
- 6 - 8 No Boil Lasagna noodles broken into quarters
- 2 cups Meat Sauce I use this sneaky meat sauce or go meatless with a marinara.
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 zucchini diced insto small pieces
- 1.5 cups Spinach ripped
- 1.5 cups Cottage Cheese
- Oregano for garnish
- Pepper to taste
- Add any other veggies you wish and add more or less of the above ingredients to your tastes.
- Spray the stainless bowl with non stick spray.
- Layer the bowl evenly distributing the ingredients in 2 layers. Start with a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom to prevent the noodles from sticking, then add the broken dry noodles, cottage cheese, sprinkle parmesan, add zucchini and spinach and then mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering again, ending with a third layer of noodles with cheese on top.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the instant pot insert
- Place the trivet inside the insert.
- Place the bowl on top of the trivet
- Don’t forget to create a foil sling if needed
- Lightly cover the bowl with foil to prevent the steam from getting in.
- Put the lid on the instant pot, set to sealing, and set the pot on manual for 10 minutes
- When pressure cycle is complete, let it naturally depressurize for 10 minutes and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Garnish with oregano, and let stand for 10 minutes.
There is a lot of moisture in the veggies, and with the steam so you may find there is a lot of liquid after it cooks and rests. After the lasagna rests for 10 minutes, you can slowly and carefully remove some of the liquid, if you prefer.
So, there you have it, combining my love for sneaking veggies into dinner AND my instant pot… in one post!
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you choose to purchase any of the tools via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting this blog!