Chili Lime Chicken Foil packs save the day for camping meal prep! Assembled in just a few minutes and packed into the cooler, these foil packs are perfect for your next camping trip.
Chili lime chicken anything is good in my books. But, the camping style version. Come.to.mamma.
Foil pack meal prep is my go to method for the summer.
There is a difference in how the chicken comes out in a foil pack vs right on the grill. Foil pack chicken is quite a bit more moist. With all of the moisture kept in the foil pack, you get a steaming effect and you can easily cut the chicken with just your fork - which is perfect for camping!
Perfect for camping prep, but also for weeknights where we can come home, and just put a couple foil packs onto the grill. You can even go super efficient and eat right out of the packs!
The ultimate no dishes meal.
I always use heavy duty foil for my foil packs to avoid the ripping. But, if you can't find heavy duty you can always double wrap to prevent them from falling apart. I find heavy duty foil at the dollar store!
If you are going to prep and freeze these - awesome, but I do find the thaw process can be a bit messy with foil packs. So, to keep things a bit cleaner if I plan to freeze them, I use foil containers - also from the dollar store. You can see how I do that in this "Prep Ahead Healthy Camping Meal Prep" post!
Chili Lime Chicken Foil Packs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup canned corn
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and gently mix until it is all combined.
- Lay out 2 pieces of foil, approx 12 inches by 12 inches. Divide the mixture up evenly into the center of each foil piece
- Create the foil packs, and store in a container (in case they leak at all) until you want to cook them.
For the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the foil packs on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked (165 degrees).
- Set the grill to 450F
- Place the foil packs on the grill and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, until chicken is 165F.