Impress your family or guests and bring some veggies to life with Air Fryer Balsamic Asparagus with Sliced Almonds. Looks kinda fancy. Sounds kinda fancy. But so easy and makes you look fancy!
I am always on a mission to make veggies less boring and so tasty they are addictive. With the help of my Air Fryer, I can whip up addictive veggies in no time. Exhibit A - Highly Addictive Broccoli. Exhibit B - here today is, Air Fryer Balsamic Asparagus with Sliced Almonds.
When I asked you over on my Instagram what you wanted to see more of, it was veggies. Man, I love you guys. It's like you know me. I love nothing more than influencing a veggie revolution.
I am absolutely loving my air fryer for veggies. An air fryer is basically a small convection oven with a powerful fan and it's much smaller than an oven, so it heats faster, and cooks things much faster.
If you have been reading my (Instant Pot obsessed) blog for more than a day, you know quick dinners - full of veggies is my jam.
The one downfall is that you can't layer things, so you are quite limited in the volume you can cook at once. But, for this recipe with a 5 minute cook time, you can easily do a few batches while your main dish cooks!
For this recipe a few things. Don't skip the sliced almonds! They add a flavor and bit of crunch that wakes your asparagus up. Ok, maybe not, I don't know how you wake up asparagus but that is sort of how it feels to me!
Next, the baslamic. Invest in high quality balsamic or use a balsamic reduction for this. Plain jane balsamic won't be as good here.
Air Fryer Balsamic Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoon high quality balsamic vinegar, or balsamic reduction if using reduction, cut to 1 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- On a plate, lay out the asparagus and drizzle with the balsamic, oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Try and coat all of the asparagus. If you don't, the dry pieces with char.
- Transfer the asparagus to the air fryer and lay out in a single layer. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the asparagus.
- Set your Air Fryer to 350F and the timer for 5 minutes. Give the basket a shake half way through the cook time.
- Enjoy right away while still hot. These do not reheat very well.