Easy Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs that are fall off the bone tender in under an hour – for real. Cooked to perfection in a savory sauce with very minimum prep and hands on time, this is your next Sunday Instant Pot dinner!
Anytime I put ribs of any form in the Instant Pot, Brad basically looses his mind. To him, ribs are a done on the smoker and not in an Instant Pot.
But, since I did my Weeknight Instant Pot Ribs, I have slowly been able to convince him this is great way to get tender delicious ribs when we don’t have the luxury of time.
So, I thought I would make him doubt me one more time with Easy Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs!
I love making short ribs because for whatever reason they feel so fancy.
Maybe because it is not a cut of meat I buy all the time, and I am reminded of the first time I ever had short ribs when I was in Hawaii. Either way, they are an awesome Sunday treat over here, and are so so so simple using my Instant Pot.
It really is as simple as adding all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot liner, and letting it do it’s magical thing for 45 minutes!
Yes, this recipe calls for chili peppers in adobo. As written, I wouldn’t call this spicy. You could absolutely add another pepper or two into the mix if you are looking for ribs with a bit more of a kick!
No knife needed for these guys at all. Are you ready for some super tender meat?!
I serve mine with garlic mashed potatoes and balsamic asparagus with sliced almonds!
Sunday dinner has never looked so fancy, but been so nice and easy!
Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs
- 6 Quart Instant Pot
- 2-3 lbs Beef short Ribs (cut into 3 inch sections)
- Salt & Pepper to season meat
- 2 cups Beef Broth (Better than Bouillon is by far my fav)
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 whole Chili peppers (in adobo)
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from the chili pepper can
Make it Now
- Season your ribs with salt and pepper, and place into the Instant Pot liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until all combined.
- Add the sauce/onion mixture on top of the ribs, in the Instant Pot liner.
- Secure the lid, place the release knob to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook, high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of natural pressure release, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the ribs from the pot and serve with dinner sides. I also like to put a tablespoon of the juices onto the meat for serving, like an au jus.
Make it a Freezer Meal
- Place all of the ingredients into a gallon size freezer zip bag.
- Label the bag and freeze flat.
- Freeze for up to 4 months
- Thaw overnight in the fridge before cooking, then follow the "make it now" instructions above.
So, there you have it, another way I make my meat loving husband doubt me while I use my Instant Pot. For the record him, and his friend LOVED them.