When an Alberta girl spends too much time in Texas, it starts to show with with this Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Meal Prep. This meal prep is melt in your mouth tender in 45 minutes, and freezer friendly, of course!
Between being a born and raised Alberta girl, and visiting my childhood friend Kimmy in Texas multiple times a year, this Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Meal Prep basically unites those two major parts of my life.
Alberta beef with a Southern flare - hello Chipotle in Adobo!
The Instant Pot makes the less expensive stew beef into shredded tender beef in 45 minutes (or 60 if it is a frozen block like mine are).
I am so fortunate to live close to so many Alberta family run beef ranches here in Airdrie, Alberta - that deliver my beef order to my door! This high quality beef is from Long Run Ranch and the flavor is so fantastic! PS. not sponsored - I just really like them!
This recipe is freezer friendly after it is made. So, make these bowls for this week, or put them in the freezer for hectic days ahead.
You all are always so curious about my containers, so here you go... I use these glass 2 compartment containers.
I also want to note that I did these photos hot right out of the Instant Pot. On reheat, the sauce thickens quite a bit. I probably should have done the photos next day, but here we are!
Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Meal Prep
- 1.5 -2 pounds Cubed Beef Stew Meat
- 1.5 cups Salsa
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce add more if you want it super spicy
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 5 mini sweet peppers seeded sliced into rings
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 wedges lime squeeze on your rice
- Place all ingredients (except rice and lime) into the liner of your Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set to sealing.
- Set the timer on manual for 45 minutes (60 minutes if frozen).
- When the pressure cycle is complete, let the pot naturally depressurize.
- Once the beef is cooked, you can use forks to shred it or leave it in the chunks, but it will likely naturally shred from how tender it is.
- Build your meal prep bowls using ½ cup of cooked rice and evenly distributing the beef into each of the containers.
- These can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for 4 months.
If you like the look of this beef recipe and have even more stew meat, you should try this Instant Pot Ragu recipe too!
So, there you have it, a meal prep bowl to bust out of those regular chicken and rice lunch preps!