Baked Chicken Shawarma Meal Prep lunches have it all. Flavorful crispy chicken, rice, and all of your veggies. Bonus points for being prepped all at once, and having lunches for a few days!
Baked Chicken Shawarma Meal Prep coming in hot! From the OVEN.
Yes, the oven.
I know ya’ll were really starting to wonder if I even know how to use my oven given how much I use my Instant Pot and Air Fryer.
To be honest, I don’t love using my oven very often.
The Air Fryer heats up way faster, and because it is basically convection oven heating a way smaller space, it cooks food a lot faster. I am all about being efficient in the kitchen.
But, I can appreciate that the majority of the universe still uses their oven on a regular basis so I am trying to incorporate more oven recipes into the blog.
So, first up… Baked Chicken Shawarma Meal Prep.
A year ago I probably wouldn’t have even attempted this, but after following my blogger friend Urvashi over at Two Sleevers, I am a lot more adventurous in my cooking.
Her blog has super easy recipes packed with flavor and spices I hadn’t typically used.
After trying so many of her recipes, I was ready to create my own shawarma style recipe!
Of course, mine is a meal prep version.
I use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe because they reheat a lot better than chicken breast, in my opinion.
If you want to include a little salad that you don’t want heated up with your lunch, put them in a silicone bowl (or cupcake holder) so that you can easily pull it out when you reheat the rest, but still pack it all together!
So, come take a meal prep adventure with me in your OVEN with my Baked Shawarma Meal Prep!
Make sure you pack some tatziki or garlic sauce for this adventure!
Baked Chicken Shawarma Meal Prep
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups cooked rice ½ cup per meal prep container
- ¼ cup cucumbers diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 Tablespoons Feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Red onion diced fine
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and add chicken.
- Remove excess marinade from the chicken and arrange chicken on a grate or rack that is placed on a baking sheet. These loose quite a bit of liquid and you want the chicken to stay above that. Ensure the chicken is arranged to not touch and is flat.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Flip the chicken half way through.
- Change your oven settings to Broil, and broil the chicken for 5-6 minutes to get a crispy layer.
- Meanwhile, assemble your salad by combining the cucumber, tomato, cheese, and onion. Don't add any dressing until you go to eat it.
- Divide the salad into 4 silicone bowls that will be placed in your meal prep container.
- Build your meal prep by including ½ cup of rice to each container, and dividing up the chicken evenly. Add your salad in the silicone bowl to your container.
- Store in the fridge a maximum of 4 days. Do not freeze.
So, there you have it, the start of some OVEN meal prep options on the blog!
If meal prep lunches are in your future, don't forget to check out all of the inspiration on the blog in the lunch section!