Veggie loaded toaster quesadilla is our version of the popular Tik Tok hack using a toaster to make quesadillas without a microwave or stove top!
At 35 years old I joined Tik Tok (@mealplanaddict) and have lost hours and hours of my life to the popular app. Who knew there would be some cooking hacks on there?!
When I saw the popular "toaster-dillas" on the app, I had to find out if I could add veggies and it still work.
I have made these numerous times without any issues, but take care to not over fill your quesadilla.
Overfilling will cause the cheese to drip into the toaster and that is bad news! Not only because of the mess, but it can be a fire risk if cheese gets into your toaster.
Do not put your quesadilla into the toaster if it has rips in it! If you do rip your tortilla, abort mission and use the microwave for stove top method!
What you need to try this hack!
The key to this veggie quesadilla is that the veggies should be cut very very thin. This will prevent the quesadilla from being to big to fit into the toaster, and they will warm fully.
You can get creative if you like, but here is what I have tested - about 10 times, because, mmmmm quesadillas!
This version is super basic with just cheese, thinly sliced peppers, and thinly sliced red onion!
How to make this toaster hack work
Remember, do not over fill your tortilla!
Put your filling on half of your tortilla. Fold it in half. Then, fold each side over. Gently place the quesadilla in the toaster. Once it pops, flip it (not upside down!!!!), more like flip so the back is now the front.
Push down your toaster again, but keep a close eye to make sure it doesn't burn. Each toaster will toast a bit different, especially depending on which setting you have your toaster set at.
If any cheese is coming out of the top, you have overfilled your quesadilla and you are going to have a mess on your hands. Remove some of the cheese, or try and stick it down more into the "pocket".
Once your quesadilla is done, it will be mega hot!
Use silicone tongs to pull it out and let cool for just a minute before you dive in!
Make sure you have some salsa, guac, and sour cream to dip it in to really take it next level!
When you add this super easy quesadilla to your meal plan, tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram so I can see your version, or even better, come post a photo in the Meal Plan Addict Community to inspire someone else's meal plan this week!
Looking for more toaster hacks? Check out this Toaster Sweet Potato Toast!
How to Video!
Veggie Loaded Toaster Quesadilla
- 1 large tortilla
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup very thin sliced bell pepper
- 5 slices very thin sliced red onion
- Lay the tortilla out flat.
- Add the cheese and veggies to the top half of the tortilla.
- DO NOT OVER FILL YOUR QUESADILLA - this will cause the cheese to melt all over your toaster. It is a mess and a safety hazard if you do this.
- Fold the bottom half of the tortilla up.
- Fold on side over into the middle
- Fold the opposite side over into the middle
- Place the quesadilla into the toaster with the open part of the quesadilla up.
- Toast it!
- When it pops, flip it so that the back is now the front. DO NOT FLIP UPSIDE DOWN.
- During the second toast, keep a close eye and pull it out once it is to desired toasted-ness.
- Use silicone tongs to remove it. It will be very hot!
- Allow to cool (melted cheese is HOT), and then dig in!