Full of flavor, this delicious, no cook, curried chickpea salad will have you falling in love with the simplicity of meal prep.
Packed full of protein and veggies, curried chickpea salad makes for the perfect lunch or picnic dish.
Satisfying on it's own or paired with a side, this no cook recipe is a meal prep dream.
What you need to make Curried Chickpea Salad Meal Prep
- Chickpeas- Also known as garbanzo beans are a great source of plant-based protein. You can find them in a can or you can make your own. I prefer making my own and absolutely love Sweet Pea and Saffrons Instant Pot Chickpeas (no Soak)
- Curry Powder- The spice level of curry powder can vary from brand to brand. If you aren't sure about your brand start with half the suggested amount and add to taste.
- Tahini- Is a paste made of ground sesame seed with an earthy nutty flavor. It can often be found in the ethnic aisle or with the natural food nut butters at any major grocery store.
- Greek Yogurt- High in protein and full of probiotics you don't have to feel guilty about this creamy addition. For a dairy free option try Vegan Mayo.
- Veggies- Crunchy vegetables like carrots, bell peppers and red onion hold up well when meal prepping.
- Cilantro- The leaves and stems on the coriander plant. If you're a cilantro hater try using mint.
Fun Fact: Cilantro haters may be able to blame genetics.
A variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves. Aldehydes are compounds also produced in the soap making process.
Have I ever mentioned I have a Bachelors and Masters degree in Science. #nerdforlife
Plant based meals can sometimes seem overwhelming with the amount of prep work but they don't have to be.
Canned chickpeas are great time saver with minimal kitchen clean up and there is no shortage on recipes offering a new take on chickpeas with each meal.
Find more easy and delicious chickpea recipes here:
- Mediterranean chickpea and cauliflower salad
- Buffalo Chickpea Pinwheel
- Greek Chickpea Salad Pita Meal Prep
- Creamy Chickpea Cucumber Salad
How to make and assemble Curried Chickpea Salad Meal Prep!
- Mix together the Greek Yogurt and Curry Powder.
- Add in your Chickpeas and combine.
- Toss in your crunchy veggies.
- Assemble a meal prep bento style box!
I use these 3 compartment glass meal prep containers and these 2 compartment glass meal prep containers (affiliate links).
Variety is key with Meal Prep!
This dish really shows how simple yet versatile one ingredient can be and the bento box style containers offer an easy way to add variety to any meal prep.
Meal prep your curried chickpea salad with mini pitas for dipping or add more veggies on the side (after all hummus and veggies do go great together). Add to a wrap or lettuce cups, the options just keep going.
ARE YOU READY TO ADD CURRIED CHICKPEA SALAD MEAL PLAN THIS WEEK?!
If you give this a try, I want to see your version! Tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram, or even better, come post a pic in the Meal Plan Addict Community!
Curried Chickpea Salad Meal Prep
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Tahini paste
- 2 tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 540 ml Canned Chickpeas, drained an rinsed
- ½ Medium Bell Pepper, core removed and diced
- ¼ Medium Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Medium Carrot, grated or julienned
Add to your Meal Prep Curried Chicken Salad with these options
- Mini Pitas for dipping
- Side of Veggies like Cucumber and Grape Tomatoes
- Lettuce Cups
- Tortilla or Large Pita to make into a wrap
- In a large bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt and tahini.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper to yogurt/tahini mixture and whisk.
- Add chickpeas and remaining chopped veggies and gently toss till well coated with yogurt mixture.
- Serve on it's own or with one of the add on options
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. This recipe will not freeze well.
Thank you for the dairy free suggestion! We’re new to dairy free and it’s been tricky finding new and exciting meal ideas.