You definitely need this Greek Chickpea Salad Pita Meal Prep in your lunch time life! Easy and no cook, and the flavor will convert non chickpea fans. I promise!
I wouldn’t say I am a avid maker of anything chickpea….. but that is about to change with Greek Chickpea Salad Pita Meal Prep.
Challenge accepted. Challenge crushed!
This is one of the top 3 recipes on the blog – in my opinion. I can’t even believe I am saying that about chickpeas.
My father in law was here when I was testing this recipe and I asked him to be a taste tester. He said that he wasn’t a chickpea lover but would try. He then waited until I was done doing photos so he could take one container home! No lie!
The prep is super easy too. Mix it all up, put into containers. The only time consuming part is getting the stupid skins of chickpeas. My lord that is the worst job ever!
Lets also talk about the protein in this. The creaminess of this recipe is from plain Greek yogurt. No mayo needed here loves. Plan Greek Yogurt packs some good protein which will help you stay full longer.
If you are living that low carb life, cool, use lettuce wraps instead of pitas!
Pack these up in 2 compartment meal prep containers and lunch is done for 3-4 days!
Get ready to blow your mind. I am not kidding here peeps.
Greek Chickpea Salad Pita Meal Prep
- 2.5 cups chickpeas (or a 19oz can, drained)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 TBSP fresh dill
- 2 TBSP red onion diced fine
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 9-12 mini pitas
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas using a potato masher, or use a food processor and do a quick pulse.
- Add yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, oregano, dill, onion, and red pepper and gently mix until combined.
- Portion out chickpea salad evenly into 3-4 containers.
- Divide up the pitas and store in the second compartment.
- Store in the fridge and consume within 4 days.
So, there you have it. A no cook, vegetarian meal prep option that will blow your mind!
Looking for more lunch ideas. I have you covered over here!