Caprese Cold Noodle Meal Prep is here for a fresh, no microwave meal prep to get your noodle twirling, cheese loving, hands all over!
I think this Caprese Cold Noodle Meal Prep is what your spring meal prepping dreams are made of!
Easy to assemble, and no microwave required - hello new fav lunch.
We have whole wheat noodles, juicy cherry tomatoes, and soft bocconcini cheese making this meal prep hit 3 major food groups.
Add the basil and balsamic and you can easily imagine you are spending spring in Italy, and not sitting at your computer keyboard!
With almost no cooking (just boiling the noodles), this recipe comes together pretty quick with all simple ingredients.
For the dressing, I use avocado oil and a balsamic vinegar. You can definitely sub in a store bought balsamic dressing!
I like to store the dressing separate, and at lunch dump it on the noodles, put the lid on, and give the container a shake.
But., I have tested this by putting the dressing in on day 1, and the ingredients still hold up well for 3-4 days.
Don't sub dried basil in this recipe. The fresh basil makes this recipe taste like spring! It makes it taste super fresh!
Now, I will give you the full recipe below, but for the tomatoes, and cheese, just add however much you want!
The pasta measurement here gives you 4 meal preps, but if you don't want this for 4 days, scale the pasta in half and just make 2!
I don't love having the same food for 4 days straight so I make 2, and then use the remaining noodles with my sneaky sauce for dinner later in the week!.
Noodles not your thing? Maybe my Quinoa based Caprese Salad is more your jam!
So, this is your next meal prep, right?!
Caprese Cold Noodle Meal Prep
- 8 oz dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 200g container mini bocconcini soft cheese balls approx 1 cup
- 2 cups cherry tomatos
- ¼ cup diced purple onion
- ½ cup fresh basil, fresh
- 4 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- to taste salt and pepper
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package. Drain and rise with cold water.
- Divide the noodles into 4 meal prep containers.
- Add ½ cup of tomatoes to each container.
- Divide the package of bocconcini evenly between the containers.
- Divide the diced onion evenly between the containers.
- Add the basil. Note: it will discolor after being cut. The color changes, but the flavor is just fine.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on top.
- Keep your dressing separate, and add at time of eating. My dressing for each container is one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of balsamic reduction. Feel free to use a balsamic dressing of choice.
- When it is time to eat, pour the dressing over the noodles, put the lid on your container and shake (gently).
- Caprese Cold Noodle Meal Prep can stay prepped in the fridge for 4 days.