I love themed dinners. Mexican, Italian, Thai, and Greek.. I love them all!
I am especially in love with this one because with a pressure cooking time of 5 minutes (under 20 minutes total time), I am able to cook all of the parts of this dinner that require cooking at once, using one pot – a method called pot in pot.
All in one pot. All at the same time. Yet, separate.
Yeah, I know, your mind is totally blown… and you sort of are doubting me that this is legit.
It is 100% legit.
Now, to do this, you need accessories that do not come with the Instant Pot. You need a longer leg trivet, and you need a stainless bowl that fits. There are likely many options in Amazon Land, but I use this one. I also have this pot retriever to pull the bowl out.
You are going to see the rice recipe below is 1:1 ratio rice to water. TRUST ME. When you do rice this way, the ratio is 1:1. But note, I have only ever done this with basmati rice. This will not work with brown rice.
Put the chicken stock broth mixture and the chicken into the instant pot liner. Add your long leg trivet, and place your bowl on top.
Set on manual for 5 minutes, then quick release the pressure. Dinner is done!
Serve with a Greek Salad, and you have got yourself a full on Greek Dinner – almost Instantly (ok 20 minutes…but still!).
NOTE: I have made this a SO MANY times now and have a lot more practice with my instant pot, so I have adjusted this recipe (Nov 2017) – I have eliminated some unnecessary steps to make this come together even faster!
- 1 pounds chicken breasts cubed and on skewers (make sure your skewers fit in the pot!)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked, rinsed basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- ¼ cup carrot, grated.
- 1 Tablespoon dill (fresh is best but dried will work in a pinch).
- In your rice bowl, add the rice, carrots, dill, lemon zest, and water and set aside.
- In the liner of the pot, add the chicken, broth, garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and lemon juice.
- Place your long leg trivet inside, and place your rice bowl onto
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Set on manual for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
So, there you have it, a full Greek dinner, almost instantly, in one pot!
Like this pot in pot action? Check out my Pot in Pot 10 minute pressure cooker time lasagna!
To see a video demo of this recipe, come check out my Facebook Page!
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase the items I use and suggest via the links in this post, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.