Easy One Pot Linguine with Italian Sausage is what your weeknight dinner dreams are made of. This super simple pasta dish uses only one pot, and will be loved by the whole family!
This Easy One Pot Linguine with Italian Sausage is a weeknight savior!
At our house, if we are ever stumped on what to make for dinner, we always end up making a pasta dish.
These pasta dishes are just so easy, and can please everyone in the house.
You know I love to pump up our meals with as many nutrients as possible.
I really debated putting spinach in this one, but my husband rolled his eyes pretty hardcore at that, so I settled on using whole wheat linguine and turkey Italian sausage.
You can use traditional pork sausage if you prefer - no need to stick to the turkey sausage I use.
I am able to buy my sausage in ground form - removed from casings, but if you can't, all you need to do is remove the sausage from the casings for this recipe.
You are going to brown the meat with onions and garlic before you add the remaining ingredients.
I also use fire roasted canned diced tomatoes for this recipe, but again, you can use whichever diced tomatoes you like to buy.
Next time, I am making this with Rotel tomatoes!
But, I have to admit, the best part is adding the cheese to get all melty melty in the pot at the end. Pasta, protein, and melty cheese. Basically, this is the best dinner trifecta EVER!
Are you ready to have dinner on the table in 20 minutes, and in only one pot?!
Easy One Pot Linguine with Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Turkey Italian Sausage, casings removed. feel free to use pork as a swap.
- 8 oz dry whole wheat linguine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes can sub for regular diced tomatoes.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes ½ teaspoon if you want a bit of bite to this dish
- fresh parsley, garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, on medium heat, brown the sausage with the onion and garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients (EXCEPT the mozzarella cheese). Break the linguine noodles in half if they do not fit in the pot.
- Press the noodles down so they are submerged in the liquid.
- Place a lid on the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once the pot has come to a boil, reduce and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until noodles are desired doneness. Stir it every few minutes to avoid the noodles sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- For less liquid, simmer with the lid off.
- Once cooked and almost all of the liquid is cooked off, add in the mozzarella cheese. Stir it gently to combine.
- Serve immediately. This dish tightens up as it cools.
- Add additional salt and pepper to desired taste.