Instant Pot chili lime corn cobs takes boring old corn on the cob to the next level, and almost in an Instant! Top these off with a little seasoned butter, and bam, you have game changing corn cobs!
Corn on the cob is easily one of my favorite veggies during the summer.
But, turning on the stove and boiling water in the summer heat, with no A/C. I am going to take a hard pass at that.
Enter, Instant Pot.
Brad devoured these which immediately tells me I have a winning recipe. Especially since it is a veggie!
But, let's be real. Is there a better combo than chili lime? No. The answer is no.
I obviously want to pair these corn on the cobs with these mango mojito chicken foil packs all.summer.long.
Making Instant Pot chili lime corn on the cob is this easy:
Add water, lime juice, chili powder and your corn to the Instant Pot.
Pour melted chili lime butter on top.
I make this as a dinner side, but, I have also been known to toss a few more into the pot, cut the corn off the cob and make a corn salad too!
A few tips on Instant Pot corn cobs:
- If I am stacking the pot right full, I will add 2 minutes to cook time. The cobs at the top are quite far from the bottom of the pot and the steam doesn't reach them as well. I do find that the ones on the very top haven't cooked as well as the ones right on the bottom.
- Ultimately, cook time is influenced by how soft you like your corn. Start with 3 minutes and if you prefer it softer, check the corn and add another 2 minutes.
- I have made Instant Pot corn on the cob a ton of times now... and I find it is often the ripeness of the corn that determines how soft the kernels come out. I cook mine this same method every time, and sometimes, the corn is just not as tender.
Are you ready to get your summer corn on the cob game started?!
Instant Pot Chili Lime Corn Cobs
- 6 Quart Instant Pot
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 5 corn cobs, husks removed
Chili Lime Butter
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- In the base of the instant pot, add the water, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add the corn cobs to the pot. I like to shake the liner (out of the pot), gently, to get the spices on all of the cobs.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set it to sealing and set on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure when done. There is also no harm in letting in naturally depressurize.
- Using tongs, remove cobs from Instant Pot and set aside.
Chili Lime Butter
- Melt the butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir in the lime juice, and spices.
- Pour over corn cobs