Meal Prep Asian Lettuce Wraps! A great meal filled with flavor, simple ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for an easy low carb, or keto meal prep!
Meal Prep Asian Lettuce wraps are perfect for those who are short on time, but big on flavor. Don't let the simple ingredient list for this recipe fool you.
This recipe is easily adjusted to fit your specific way of eating, too. Low carb? No problem. Paleo? Doable. Keto? ... well I don't have anything fun to rhyme with keto... but you get it.
Customize your Meal Prep Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Any ground meat or veggie ground would work.
- Don't like mushrooms? Then don't add them.
- Looking for more crunch? Try adding water chestnuts.
- Like a bit more heat? Add more hot sauce to the recipe or drizzle hot sauce right on top of individual wraps.
- You can also swap lettuce for rice or a bag of slaw!
Now lets talk Lettuce!
Iceberg lettuce offers a great crunch but can be a bit more difficult to wrap, tearing easily.
When prepping iceberg lettuce, cut the core off, slice the head in half, and then remove the core lettuce.
Bib lettuce; also known as Boston or butter lettuce, is an easier leaf for wrapping less likely tear while holding a good portion.
Romaine has a good crunch and the leaf can be folded like a taco instead of "wrapped". Feel free to cut longer leaves in half to make them easier to hold.
Or if you want; just like grabbing a bag of slaw for the Thai Peanut Ground Pork Bowl, feel free to check out your local grocery store for already prepped and packaged lettuce wraps.
Are you ready to add Meal Prep Asian Lettuce Wraps to your meal plan? (or freezer)
After cooking, portion out the ground pork filling (or whatever ground you have used) and store in an air tight container (keeps up to 4 days in the fridge or up 3 months in the freezer).
When freezing, you want to make sure to allow the filling cool completely to prevent freezer burn.
When prepping your lettuce, wash and dry well. Store in the fridge in an air tight container. I only prep what I need for the week and store up to 4 days. DO NOT freeze the lettuce, no one likes soggy lettuce!
Looking for more lunch preps? Try these!
- Sweet Chili Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Ground Beef Stroganoff with rice
- eet Chili Chicken Meal Prep Bowl
- Easy Low Carb Tuna Melts
- Sriracha Hoisen Ground Pork Bowl
- Korean Meatball Meal Prep
If you give this a try. I want to see your version! Tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram or post a picture in the Meal Plan Addict Community.
Meal Prep Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 ea Lime, Juiced and Zested
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 4 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- ½ lb White Mushrooms. sliced
- ½ lb Red Pepper. sliced
- ¼ lb Carrots, grated
- ¼ cup Green Onions, cut on slant
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce Washed, Dried and Cored
- Heat up a pan to med-high heat and brown the ground pork with 1 teaspoon of olive oil until 80% cooked.
- Add in the lime juice, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon hot sauce, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 3 tablespoon of the hoisin sauce.
- Stir and continue to brown for a few more minutes until completely cooked.
- Remove the pork from the pan from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan , with med heat, saute all of the vegetables (do not add lettuce) with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Cook until well caramelized and then add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon hot sauce, 1 teaspoon grated ginger and remaining tablespoon on hoisin sauce
- Add the cooked pork to the vegetables mix and remove from heat.
- Portion and serve over lettuce cups/wraps.