Spicy peanut ground pork stir fry is an ultra easy, 15 minute dinner, jam packed with crunchy veggies and the most simple sauce you will ever make!
This post was originally published in 2019 and called Thai Peanut Pork Bowl. I revised the post and recipe 2021.
You have probably heard of the ever popular egg roll in a bowl recipes that have been all over the internet and I love the simplicity of the classic egg roll in a bowl recipe, but wanted to switch it up a bit to my love for spicy peanut flavors.
Are the ingredients really that simple?
Yes! With only 5 ingredients, this is a perfect weeknight dinner that is on your table in under 15 minutes - just like the ever popular egg roll in a bowl.
But, with a spicy twist, we are adding red Thai Curry paste and peanut butter to make an ultra simple - super flavorful sauce.
Ingredient notes and substitutions:
- Feel free to add any other veggies you like - broccoli and bell peppers are a really great addition.
- You can swap out the peanut butter for any nut butter of choice, or even swap to a non nut based sunflower butter!
- Have yellow or green curry paste, and not red? No worries either of those curry pastes work. If you leave this ingredient out, this is not going to be the same recipe.
- The spice level in this recipe is completely dependent on how spicy your brand of red Thai curry paste you have. You can also adjust the spice level based on your household's tastes.
- Time saver tip: use a bag of coleslaw and skip cutting up cabbage!
This quick weeknight dinner is on the table in 15 minutes, and 4 easy steps!
Can this be meal prepped or frozen?
Yes, and yes!
This holds up well for 3-4 days for lunch meal preps and even better, you can freeze this! I freeze this dish in single serving portions using Souper Cube trays!
What to serve your stir fry with ?!
You can eat this as is and that is how I often do that!
You can pair this with rice too, or my all time favorite, udon noodles!
If you pair this with something else, let me know in the comments, I would love to hear what else this spicy pork stir fry!
If you give this a try, I want to see your version! Tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram or post a picture in the Meal Plan Addict Community!
Spicy Peanut Ground Pork Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1-3 tbsp red thai curry paste adjust to taste. Curry pastes vary in spice level.
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- peanuts, garnish optional
- cilantro, garnish optional
- In a large pan, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork and cook until it is about half way cooked.
- Add the curry paste, garlic, peanut butter, and soy sauce, and broth/water to the pan. Let it simmer and stir until the pork is fully cooked.
- Add the slaw mix and carrots to the pan.
- Cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes until the veggies cook down to desired crunch level!
- Remove from heat. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
- This recipe reheats really well, and can be stored up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months.