Dijon Thyme Chicken Tender meal prep is here to save you from boring chicken meal preps. Dijon and thyme are a match made in heaven, and are now hitting your meal prep containers!
Dijon thyme chicken tender meal prep was created out of desperation.
Most of the Dijon chicken recipes I have made before had honey, cream of something soup, or were heavy in rich sauces.
When I have made Dijon chicken in the past it has always been really rich and savory. Which is yum… but I need something a bit more macro friendly as I continue on my fitness and health plan, and so, Dijon Thyme Chicken Tender Meal Prep was born.
This recipe comes together easily on your stove top in a skillet. While your chicken cooks, you can prep your rice and veggies too!
Does it have to be chicken breasts?
Nope. Not at all. You can definitely use thighs if you want!
Don’t over cook your chicken!
I know, I know, you don’t want to get sick so you want to err on the side of over cooked. Don’t do this if you plan to use this as a meal prep recipe. When you go to reheat chicken over cooked chicken breast, you will end up with chicken jerky. Don’t do that.
Quick reminder – 165F is the temp you are aiming for with chicken.
1.5 – 2 pounds of chicken breast isn’t enough?!
No worries, this recipe can easily be doubled to suit more chicken, no problem!
What is the best way to reheat Dijon Thyme Chicken Tender Meal Preps?
Microwave these for 1 minute and check. I add time in 10 second intervals until warm. The key though is to add a small amount of water (1 – 2 teaspoons) and put the lid on loose. This will create a bit of steam on reheat and prevent it from drying out!
Which meal prep containers do you use?
I use a variety of containers (see my whole post on meal prep containers), but for this recipe and pictured in this post are my 3 cup Rubbermaid Brilliance containers.
But, I want more meal prep options that you love?!
I’ve you covered! Here are some favs:
Instant Pot Mexican Meatballs can be made into a great meal prep.
Thai Peanut Ground Pork Bowls, is easy to prep and portion them out for meal prep!
Can’t go wrong with Kung Pao Beef and Cauliflower Rice meal preps.
Are you ready to add Dijon Thyme Chicken Tender Meal Prep to your meal prep routine?!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe card once you give it a try!
Dijon Thyme Chicken Tender Meal Prep
- 1.5 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, cooked according to the package.
- 1 pound asparagus, steamed to desired tenderness
- Heat a medium stock pot, skillet, or dutch oven on the stove with the olive oil on medium to high heat.
- When the pot/pan is hot, add the chicken tenders and onion. Cook on each side until browned, then turn heat down to medium.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, paprika, garlic, salt, thyme, and broth. Do not add the Greek Yogurt here. Set bowl aside.
- Pour sauce into pot/pan. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through out. This is only a few minutes, depending on the size of your tenders.
- Once the chicken is cooked throughout, stir in the Greek Yogurt and stir until heated.
- Divide the Dijon Chicken Tenders into 4 meal prep containers.
- Add 1/2 cup of cooked rice to each container.
- Add the steamed asparagus to the meal prep container.
- Store in the fridge, no more than 4 days.
- To reheat, add 1-2 teaspoons of water, put the lid on loosely, and microwave for 1 minute. Add 10 second increments until desired warmth.