This Veggie Loaded Asian Noodle Jar Salad is a perfect way to make your lunches once on Sunday and have them ready to go for up to 3 days in advance! Hello meal prep win!
I take great pride in stuffing as many veggies into a jar as humanly possible.
Yes, this is what my life has come to. It is a talent, and I have no shame.
This Veggie Loaded Asian Noodle Jar Salad is my favorite jar salad on the blog to date.
Ps. you can find all of my jar food creations here on the blog.
I always get asked if my little jars are actually filling enough for a lunch.
The answer is yes!
You will be shocked how much fits in these jars. Here is the jar above, dumped out. I know you can't really tell, but it is a hearty bowl for lunch - I promise.
The second question I get is, what size jar do I use. I use half pint (0.5L) jars. I use these Weck Jars.
I know you are wondering if the noodles get soggy. Well, I made these, left them for THREE days, and the answer to that is no, they don't! That said, I use whole wheat noodles and cook them al dente.
Ok, I am going to answer one last question before we jump to the full recipe.
You want to know if this is filling with no animal protein.
Oh fear not my friend, the edamame beans are actually a protein! A soy based protein. So here we got veggies, whole grain carbs, fat from oil, and plant based protein. oh my dietitian friends would be so proud!
Veggie Loaded Asian Noodle Jar Salad
- ½ cup whole wheat spaghetti noodles cooked
- ½ cup sugar snap peas halved
- ½ cup edamame beans
- ½ cup julienne carrots
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 3 mini peppers sliced
- sesame seeds garnish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce LOW SODIUM
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp sriracha add another ¼ tsp if you like spicy
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar. Put the lid on and shake. You can also whisk in a bowl if you prefer.
- Pour the dressing into your jar.
- Add the cooked noodles to the bottom of the jar.
- Layer the rest of the veggies in the following order. Add the edamame on top of the noodles, then peppers, snap peas, carrots, and then scallions.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.