Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Rotisserie Chicken is on your table in one hour and has the most juicy meat, but the most crispy skin. Add in the perfect combo of garlic and rosemary, and this is your next Sunday dinner!
I have been cooking whole chicken in the Instant Pot for a few years now, and it is great when I am short on time. But, when I have a little extra time, I definitely prefer it in the Air Fryer.
This Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Rotisserie Chicken makes your house smell like heavenly garlic, and the way the Air Fryer creates moist juicy chicken, but a crispy as can be skin.
For this recipe, I opt for Avocado oil vs other oils because the smoke point of avocado is much higher than many other oils. With the chicken and oil so close to the heating element with an Air Fryer, I just prefer to use a higher smoke point oil.
To amp this recipe up, I add minced garlic and rosemary to the oil because who doesn't like garlic bits!
After trying this out a few times, I realized you don't have to baste your bird, but I do find the skin crisps up nicer when you do.
The Air Fryer is awesome because the basket has holes on the bottom to all of the juices sit in the bottom of the tray and are quite easy to pour into a bowl and baste your chicken with!
This is now a go to way to get my meal prep started on Sunday. Once chicken, can create so many different types of lunches!
Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Rotisserie Chicken
- 3-4 lb whole chicken
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, garlic, and rosemary.
- Place the chicken breast side down and pour half of the oil mixture on the chicken. Use a BBQ brush to distribute the oil evenly on the side facing up.
- Set the air fryer to 350F for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, flip the chicken and pour remaining oil mixture on the chicken and use a BBQ brush to the oil evenly on the side facing up.
- Set the air fryer for another 30 minutes, and baste the chicken periodically. This is optional. Check the internal temp to ensure the breast meat is 165F, and the dark meat in the thighs 180F.
- Remove from Air Fryer, let rest 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
So, there you have it, an Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Rotisserie Chicken that is your next Sunday dinner... or you next week of meal prep lunches!