Mediterranean turkey meatballs are the next easy, freezer friendly, meal prep worthy, little balls of deliciousness to hit the blog!
I wont’ even lie. I created this recipe just to have something to dip into tzatziki sauce.
Mediterranean flavors is probably one of my number one flavor profiles.
Yes, I like Mediterranean flavors.
I also have a mild obsession (ps. it is not mild) with meatballs.
I love them because I can make a ton of them at once, and then I freeze them (here is how), and they can then go to into my air fryer or oven as soon as I get home from work.
They really are the best batch prep style recipe.
When I have no idea what you put on the meal plan, I always default to some sort of meatball.
They can go on rice, noodles, with a sauce, in the oven, stove top, or air fryer. I am a huge fan. Can you tell yet?!
These ones have feta rolled right into them… and basil. I have a not so secret love affair with feta and basil, so it was only fitting they all get rolled up into a delicious bite size ball of awesome!
Are you going to jump on the meatball train with these Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs? How about trying them for a meal prep recipe too?
Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato, diced finely can use from a can or dehydrated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Do not over mix.
- Form meatballs and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheet. I use this cookie scoop to try and make them all the same size.
- Bake at 400F for 17-20 minutes until meatballs are 165F
- For prep ahead - freeze them raw using the method described here.
- Once cooked and cooled, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If freezer prep is your jam, there is a ton more inspiration over here for you!