Instant Pot Ginger Beef Sir Fry is ready after 7 minutes under pressure and done before you can even order take out!
My Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli has been one of the most popular posts on the blog since it was published, and I myself have even made it on repeat for years!
With only 7 minutes under pressure, then adding in your veggies, these Instant Pot stir fry recipes have become quite popular.
This recipe is a mild variation of my Air Fryer Asian Style Beef and Veggies. I ran with the same flavor profile but turned the crispy version into a saucy stir fry!
The key thing to note about this recipe (and the beef and broccoli recipe) is that you don't add the veggies into the pressure cycle.
The beef and the veggies do not have the same cook time and putting them all together is going to get you some serious veggies mush, not the saucy coated al dente veggies you want!
What you want to do here is cook your beef under pressure (7 minutes), then when you thicken the sauce, you add the veggies. Super easy!
Are you ready to try another take out fake out recipe in your Instant Pot? Hello.. Instant Pot Ginger Beef Stir Fry!
Instant Pot Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger (or ginger paste)
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- ½ cup LOW SODIUM soy sauce this sauce hasn't been tested with regular soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey or sub brown sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch, water, and red pepper into your instant pot liner.
- Secure the lid, set to sealing, and set on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the pressure cycle is complete, do a quick release.
- Press cancel, and select saute.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and the red pepper slices. Let simmer on saute for 3-4 minutes until sauce is desired thickness and veggies softened to desired tenderness.
- Serve with noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice - your choice!
So, there you have it. Another easy way to skip the take out, cut the salt and MSG and have dinner ready before your take out would arrive at the door!