Air Fryer Asian Beef & Veggies in 8 minutes. Yes, 8 minutes – and it is a freezer friendly prep meal. The ultimate busy family meal!
This Air Fryer Asian Beef and Veggie dish cooks in 8 minutes.
Yes, you heard me, 8 minutes.
Now, if you prep it raw and make it a freezer meal, you come home, put the prepped (thawed) meal into your air fryer , and by the time you have changed into your comfy pants, and put a load of laundry in, dinner is done!
One thing to tell you, though. I make this in my 5.6 quart (this one) and have to do this in 2 batches, so dinner is actually 16 minutes away for me.
But…. leave out the veggies in this one, and it should all fit in one go!
Does this come out crispy and fried?
Is it delicious and awesome and done in 8 minutes?
Is this a saucy stir fry? No.
Think more like beef satay!
Is this air fryer beef and veggies recipe a perfect weeknight dinner that is basically like eating takeout, but less calories, and a whole lot less salt?!
One more thing.
This recipe uses Chinese 5 spice. I love it, and I add it to many of my Asian inspired dishes.
You don’t need it, but you should! I find it at regular ol’ grocery stores with the spices, so you don’t need to go on a hunt to find it, and you will be glad you have it for this dish, and my Beef and Broccoli recipe!
Are you ready to have your take out fake out dinner done in 8 minutes?!
Air Fryer Asian Beef & Veggies
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger do not sub dry ground ginger
- 1/4 tespoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup LOW SODIUM soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice optional
- 1/4 cup water
For Freezer Prep
- Add all ingredients to a gallon sized zip bag. Ensure all of the ingredients are combined.
- Label and freeze for up to 4 months.
- Thaw zip bag in the fridge overnight.
- Using tongs, remove the steak and veggies, and transfer to the Air Fryer. Discard the marinade.
- Set the Air Fryer to 400F and the timer to 8 minutes. I like to shake the basket half way through, but I don't think it is necessary.
- Serve with rice, and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
So, there you have it – prep this Air Fryer Asian Beef and Veggies and skip the take out tonight!