My lunch life has changed since discovering instant mason jar soups. No more boring re-heated leftovers!
The meat for instant mason jar soups must be cooked, so these have been a really great way to use up steak leftovers in our house. Or, if you love the look of this soup but don't have or want to make steak - use beef jerky instead!
It is also a great way to use which ever veggies you have leftover at the end of the week. I almost always have a few veggies spiralized for the week and these work perfect in these soups. Feel free to throw in which ever veggies you have on hand. Since I prep all of my veggies on one day, I just reach into my salad bar fridge and throw in what I have pre prepped for the week.
This is one of those recipes that is more of inspiration, rather than a full recipes. Other than the flavour base, the quantities are not defined as it is up to you how much of what you want to stuff into your jar!
PS. it is very deceiving how much can be squished into a half pint jar! The picture of the soup at the end of this post is the soup from this jar. It makes more than you think!
Beef Teriyaki Instant Mason Jar Soup
- ¼ cup raw broccoli chopped into small pieces
- Handful sprialized Zucchini noodles
- Handful sprialized Carrot noodles
- 4 Mushrooms quartered
- Green onion chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- ¾ cup Cooked Steak or use Beef Jerky
- 1 TBS Teriyaki
- 2 TSP Better than Bouillon - Beef Base add more or less to taste
- Add the sauce and broth paste to the bottom of the jar
- Add the remainder of the veggies in any order - as long as the steak is the bottom layer on the sauces.
- Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, add boiling water to the top of the jar.
- Secure with a lid and GENTLY shake.
- Let steep for 3-4 minutes.
So, there you have it, a cute, trendy, AND HEALTHY way to eat your steak leftovers!
If you are liking the idea of mason jar foods, check out Sweet Chili Chicken Mason Jar soup too!
And if you are loving the veggie noodles, you can see my spiralizer recommendation here.