Meal Prep Instant Noodle Cups are a healthier version to packaged ramen noodle options! Assemble your jars on Sunday, and during the week, simply add boiled water straight from the kettle!
Time to toss those ramen noodle packages that are high salt, and swap for this version where you can control your own salt ... and everything else!
This version of meal prep instant noodle jar is also bumped up with protein with chicken and edamame.
You can use the flavor base of this recipe and get creative with your veggies and proteins.
But, your meat proteins must go into the jar PRE COOKED.
DO NOT add raw meats to your mason jar instant noodle cups. The water isn't hot enough to cook raw meat.
I love using steak and chicken leftovers to make these for next day lunches.
How to assemble meal prep instant noodle cups:
- Pick a jar! - my opinion is to pick a WIDE MOUTH jar. This way you can eat your noods straight out of the jar. I find the smaller mouth jars to be a bit more challenging and often dump those ones into a separate bowl.
After trying all.the.jars, this Weck tulip jar is my go to jar for these noodle cups. Any ½ pint jar will work, though.
2. Add the flavor base to the bottom- in this version, I use sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha, chicken broth powder, and rice vinegar.
3. Add your cooked chicken - this is basically going to marinate your chicken!
4. Add in your cooked ramen noodles. You have few options here. You can buy a package and use only the noodles, and discard the seasoning package. Or you can take it a bit healthier and use millet & brown rice ramen. I get them at Costco (in Canada).
5. Add your veggies - for this one, I opted for edamame and carrots! The key for your veggies is small and thin. You want them to warm with only the hot water you put in. If you use a really firm veggie (potato) make sure they are cooked first.
6. Last, add your herbs. Hi Cilantro!
Now your jars are all assembled. They can sit in your fridge for up to 4 days.
When it is time for lunch, boil some water, and pour it into your jar.
Now... you let your soup steep for 3-4 minutes with the lid on!
I always stir before I let it steep!
So, there you have it, meal prep instant noodle cups!
Are you ready to meal prep some instant noodle soup cups?!
Meal Prep Instant Noodle Cups
- Weck tulip jar
- 1 cup cooked ramen noodles
- ½ cup cooked rotisserie or shredded chicken
- ¼ cup carrots, julienne cut
- ¼ cup frozen edameme beans, thawed.
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- add salt to your own preference. The amount used will depend on the saltiness of your soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp chicken broth powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce, low sodium
- ½ tsp sriracha add more to taste
- ½ tsp rice vinegar optional
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package directions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
Assembly for meal prep
- To a ½ pint jar, add the flavor base ingredients.
- Add the cooked chicken to the jar.
- Add the noodles to the jar.
- Add the carrots and edememe.
- Add the cilantro and green onion.
- Put the lids in the jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Boil water, and pour into jar and gently stir your soup.
- Put the lid on and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt yo your preference, and enjoy immediately!