Cucumber Chickpea Salad is what your prep ahead salad dreams are made of. Comes together in 10 minutes, and is even better the day after!
Prep ahead cucumber chickpea salad is a perfect lunch salad to prep for the work week. I actually recommend letting it sit a few hours, or overnight would be even better.
This dressing is super simple. Thick Greek yogurt, vinegar, and dill.
When you first mix this up it will be quite thick, but let it sit overnight and the dressing thins out substantially.
I was worried that the cucumbers would go mushy, but they don’t! I ate this for 3 days straight and had no issue with mushy cucumbers. I do leave a few strips of the peel on as I find it helps keep cucumbers crisp longer.
This recipe is really just a guideline to be honest, I can definitely add more veggies if you want!
The best part is how fast this cucumber chickpea salad comes together. Just chop the two veggies, drain a can of chickpeas, and add your super simple dressing ingredients.
Bam! Protein packed salad from the chickpeas and the Greek yogurt!
Cucumber chickpea salad is perfect as a meal prep lunch, a picnic salad, a potluck salad, it is basically perfect for any type of prep ahead situation!
Are you ready for this salad to make all of your prep ahead salad dreams come true?!
Prep Ahead Cucumber Chickpea Salad
- 2 long english cucumbers, cut into bite sizes pieces approx 4-6 cups
- 3/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more after mixing to suit taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the cucumber, onion, and chickpeas, and gently combine.
- This salad is best enjoyed after sitting the the refrigerator overnight. The dressing will thin out the longer it sits.
- This salad keeps best if eaten within 3 days.
So, there you have it. Super simple. Super healthy prep ahead cucumber chickpea salad!