Instant Pot Leftover Brisket Soup is THE solution to your leftover brisket woes. It is such an easy way to turn leftovers into a freezer friendly grab and go lunch!
Every time I put in my beef order at Long Run Ranch, I add a brisket to my order. This is not something one can typically find at my local grocery store.
Problem is... they are always large cuts of meat, and with only 2 meat eaters in our house, there are always leftovers.
Since my solution for leftovers is to turn them into a freezer meal of some sort, Instant Pot Leftover Brisket Soup was a pretty clear solution here!
Once my soup is done, I let it cool and portion it into single serve portions.
Now, I have grab and go lunches for the work week.
Now, when you cook a brisket you do want fat on it. But, when I turn it into soup, I do cut off as much as the visible fat as I can from the leftover meat. Otherwise, you end up with a really oily soup.
Other than that tip, it is as simple as tossing all your ingredients in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Leftover Brisket Soup
- 4 cups leftover brisket, chopped into bite size pieces
- 6 cups Beef Broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 796 mL can diced tomatoes
- 2 Chipotle peppers (in adobo)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can
- 1 tbso oregano
- 398 mL can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot liner.
- Secure the lid, and set the pot to sealing.
- On manual (or pressure cook button) set the cook time to 5 minutes.
- Allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool and transfer to a freezer safe container.
So, there you have it, the very best way to re purpose those brisket leftovers!
If you make this recipe, I want to see it! Tag me @mealplanaddict over on Instagram, or come post a photo in the Meal Plan Addict Community!
Leave a Reply