Instant Pot Curried Carrot Lentil Soup is a great protein packed vegetarian option to fill your freezer with. Freeze this in individual portions for an easy grab and go meal!
This Instant Pot Curried Lentil Carrot Soup almost didn’t make it to blog.
The ingredient list is a bit longer than I usually like to have. I try really hard to keep it under 10 ingredients.
I failed on that with this recipe – sorry! But, let me tell you, it is worth it.
I know this is bold, but this is now my favorite recipe on the blog. There I said it. MY FAVORITE.
The flavors are just a wicked 10/10 and the texture of blended lentils makes it a bit of a heartier soup… and packed with protein.. yay lentils.
Bonus points for this soup too because it is freezer friendly!
Now, the almonds. I recently had a butternut squash soup out at a restaurant and they garnished it with these sliced almonds. WOW.
They add a really great texture to pureed soup – kind of like adding crackers to soup. mmm mmm mmn delicious.
Instant Pot Curried Carrot Lentil Soup
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 398ml/140z can fire roasted diced tomatos
- 5 cups broth (veggie or chicken)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- sliced almonds for garnish
- plain Greek Yogurt for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients into your Instant Pot Liner.
- Secure the lid, and seal your pot.
- Set the pot to 5 minutes, high pressure.
- After the pressure cycle is complete, allow the pot to naturally depressurize for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until desired thickness. If it is too thick, add water in 1/2 cup increments until desired consistency.
- For serving, add sliced almonds and a dollop of Greek yogurt. Both are optional but OMG such a great addition.
- Keep in the fridge up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 6 months. Do not freeze with the yogurt dollop on top.
So, there you have it, a vegetarian freezer friendly soup for your lunch prep dreams!
If you make this I want to see! Don’t forget to tag @mealplanaddict on Instagram so I can see!