Maple sriracha breakfast sausages are one of those recipes where you can do all of the work (and dishes) once, and have a delicious savory breakfast cooked fresh in just a few minutes, right from the freezer.
Monday to Friday, I am usually on the Breakfast Bento train.
But, weekends and camping, I am all in on maple sriracha breakfast sausages.
Is there a combination in this world more made for each other than sriracha and maple? No. the answer is a hard no.
Let get going on how to make and freeze maple sriracha breakfast sausages...individually.
The great thing about freezing sausages this way is that you can put the effort in one time, and have sausages in your freezer ready to go... or if you are like me, take camping.
There are also a few ways to come at this, but the bottom line is you need to flash freeze them.
Start by prepping your sausage mixture and laying it out on a flat surface and pushing down until your desired thickness.
Next, create your patties. You can do this with a cookie cutter. Or, you can just roll them in to balls and flatten them much like you would make a hamburger.
Since, I do like a bit of order and them to be the same size, I like to use a cookie cutter.
Once you have your patties made, transfer to a parchment lined pan. I use cookina reusable parchment paper and LOVE it.
Once these have been in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours, you can transfer to any freezer safe container you like, and they won't stick together!
You can then grab as many as you need and it's just as simple as popping them into an air fryer on in a pan on the stove top!
Keto friends use 2 as buns and put a fried egg in the middle. Carb lovers use an english muffin! Vegetarians..... I got nothing here... sorry..
The recipe as written isn't spicy. If you like spicy ... at breakfast.
First, I love you. Second, add more sriracha then I call for in the recipe!
Now, raise your virtual hand if you are going to make these maple sriracha breakfast sausages!
When you do, tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram so I can see!!
Maple Sriracha Breakfast Sausages
- Cookie Sheet
- Reusable parchment paper
- Round cookie cutter
- Freezer zip bag, 1 gallon size
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Form into patties by hand, or lay the mixture out flat to cut out even sized patties using a cookie cutter.
- Place the raw patties on a parchment lined cookie sheet so they are not touching.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
To Cook from fresh
- Heat a skillet using medium heat, pan fry the sausages until cooked throughout. Approximately, 8 minutes. Flip them half way.
To cook from frozen
- Heat a skillet using medium heat, pan fry the sausages until cooked throughout. Approximately, 12-15 minutes.
- When cooking from frozen, I add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and put a lid on to let the steam help thaw and cook more evenly.
- Add sausage to an English muffin with cheese and a cooked egg.
- Use the sausages as bun ends with the egg and cheese inside for a low carb option
- Eat them straight up plain, and try not to eat them all at once!