This simple Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup is non-dairy and is made with fresh tomatoes, not canned tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, or tomato paste. The fresh combo of tomato and basil,thickened with veggies and coconut milk won’t disappoint!
If I had to pick the one thing I make the most in my Instant Pot, it would be soup.
I love that in this Instant Pot recipe you put everything in the electric pressure cooker and just walk away. No need to saute ingredients or worry about anything boiling over on the stovetop!
Tomato Basil soup is my #1 comfort food and so it has to ALWAYS be in my freezer. Frozen in single serve portions.
What makes this tomato basil soup so amazing?
Adding a bit of potato to thicken this. Plus the base being coconut milk for a non-dairy creamy tomato basil soup without heavy cream or parmesan. Those 2 things make this a flavour and texture jackpot.
Does it taste like coconut?
No. Not at all. Tastes like tomato basil. 100%
Can I freeze this?
You can freeze in mason jars for single serve portions. Here is how you do that.
Here is how easy this soup really is:
You rough chop your ingredients. Don’t bother fussing around, as it all gets blended up anyways.
Dump diced tomatoes and the other ingredients into Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Be a tad horrified when you open the lid and see this.
Remain calm. You did it right.
Add fresh basil, then use an immersion blender to blend it all up. DONE!
I have this immersion blender and LOVE it.
Fresh ingredients. Non dairy. Perfect texture.
You’re welcome, soup lovers.
Wait? You want more Instant Pot Soups? Me too! Here are my favs:
- Creamy Chicken Jalapeno
- Mexican Fiesta
- Curried Carrot and Lentil
- Dill-icious Cheeseburger Soup
- Veggie Loaded White Cheddar
Simple Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup
- 6 Quart Instant Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 10 (2lbs) roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 cup rough diced carrots
- 2 cups roughly chopped potato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt (add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7-10 chopped fresh basil leaves (adjust to preference)
- Add all of the ingredients except the basil to your instant pot.
- To avoid burning, I try and leave the coconut cream up on top of the veggies, and let the water in the can go to the bottom. Not necessary, but just how I do it!
- Secure the lid on your Instant Pot, and seal the pot.
- Set on high pressure (manual or pressure cook button depending on model) for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally depressurize for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure using quick release.
- Add the basil to the pot.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup to desired constancy.
If you make this soup, I want to see your creation! Tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram!