Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders will have you turning your favorite dip into your new favorite meal prep. With only 3 ingredients and loads of flavor, you will want to keep this delightful dish in your back pocket.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken sliders are a weeknight or party hosting lifesaver. With only a few simple ingredients, and 12 minutes under pressure, this is a low cost, low maintenance dinner or party serving recipe that will be your new go to.
Seriously Simple Ingredients
- Chicken breast- No need to slow cook all day to get that easy to pull apart chicken. 12 minutes in your instant pot is all you need. To shred your chicken, use the 2 forks, or you can pull the cicken out of the cooker, and use ean electric mixer or food processor with the 'dough blade/paddle' for easy shredded chicken.
- Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce- Adding butter after the pressure cycle can help in offering a milder heat while still keeping the yummy flavor. Be warned. This recipe is not mild.
- Cream Cheese- You can opt to leave it out if you choose, but if you want a creamier sauce just add more cream cheese. The more cream cheese, the more rich the dish will be. Start with the ¼ of a block called for in the recipe and go from there.
How spicy is this buffalo chicken?
The Scoville scale is what is used to measure the "hotness"of a chili pepper and the concentration of the chemical compound capsaicin, which is the active compound that produces the heat sensation.
- Franks RedHot Buffalo Sauce is only considered 450 of the Scoville scale. For comparison, a jalapeno is rated anywhere from 2500-5000.
Easy Steps for making Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Add chicken breast (fresh or frozen) and bottle of buffalo hot sauce to your instant pot. DO NOT ADD CREAM CHEESE YET
- Cook on high pressure for 12 mins and quick release when the pressure cycle is complete.
- Add cream cheese and shred chicken. The sauce will thicken up as it cools.
How to Serve Instant Pot Chicken Buffalo Sliders
Traditionally sliders are bun based, but that doesn't mean you have to be traditional.
For a lower carb option, make lettuce sliders. I have talked about lettuce previously in my Meal Prep Asian Lettuce Wraps but LETTUCE review. (Hahaha, get it?!! Let us, Lettuce, hahaha)
Iceberg lettuce offers a great crunch but can be a bit more difficult to wrap, tearing easily.
When prepping iceberg lettuce, cut the core off, slice the head in half, and then remove the core lettuce.
Bib lettuce; also known as Boston or butter lettuce, is an easier leaf for wrapping less likely tear while holding a good portion.
Romaine has a good crunch and the leaf can be folded like a taco instead of “wrapped”. Feel free to cut longer leaves in half to make them easier to hold.
Instant Pot Chicken Buffalo Sliders Meal Prep
Of course we can't make this recipe and not have a meal prep version.
I can appreciate that this isn't really a slider when you serve it with rice like this, but let's just roll with this.
- After cooking, portion out the delicious creamy chicken mixture and store in an air tight container. This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. When freezing, you want to make sure to allow the filling cool completely to prevent freezer burn.
- Add a bun, rice, veggies, lettuce cup or wrap in a tortilla when you are ready to eat.
- If you are looking to fancy it up even more, add chunks of blue cheese or drizzle ranch over.
When prepping your lettuce, wash and dry well. Store in the fridge in an air tight container. I only prep what I need for the week and store up to 4 days. DO NOT freeze the lettuce.
Looking for more Instant Pot Meal Prep Ideas? Try These!
Instant Pot Chicken Buffalo Sliders ( +meal prep ideas!)
- 6 Quart Instant Pot
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- 354 ml Franks RedHot Buffalo wing Sauce
- ¼ block Cream Cheese (2oz)
- 4 Buns Dinner Roll
- Add chicken breast (fresh or frozen) and entire bottle of buffalo sauce to the Instant Pot
- Cook on high pressure for 12 mins
- Quick release when done
- Add cream cheese and shred chicken