Your no microwave lunch just got DIY and bite sized with this husband approved Honey Mustard Pinwheel Meal Prep!
You guys. My husband eats these. I repeat, my husband likes a non “meat and potatoes” meal prep I made!
See those pigs fly!
I asked him what sealed the deal for the honey mustard turkey pinwheel meal prep. The answer – “the sauce”. The sauce here is my super fancy honey mustard, which is just honey and mustard mixed. Seriously.
The key to perfect pinwheels is the condiment base. Thank you Project Meal Plan for that tip!
The stickiness of the honey is BOSS for this. I also learned I was doing pinwheels wrong. Again, thanks Project Meal Plan for that – ha ha.
You put the honey mustard on the whole tortilla, but the meat on only half, so that you have “gule”. My mind was blown by this little tip!
I am a bit of a DIY nerd and so I make my own Turkey sandwich meat in my Instant Pot (see how here), and I make my own mega protein packed ranch dip for my veggies. That recipe is SUPER easy, and right here.
You do not need to be the overachiever I am! I just love a good challenge creating healthier versions of the things I love!
I personally only keep these for 2 days because the greens can go soggy. So, I personally only do 2 days at a time in these 2 compartment glass containers.
Are you ready for a tasty no microwave pinwheel lunch?!
Honey Mustard Turkey Pinwheel Meal Prep
- 6 slices deli style turkey meat
- 2 square slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 TBS yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 10" tortillas of choice
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 cups chopped raw veggies of choice. I used carrots, mini peppers, snow peas, and cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and the mustard to create your honey mustard sauce. If your honey is really thick, you can microwave the bowl for 5 seconds to make it easier to combine.
- Microwave the tortillas for 5 second to make them less likely to rip, and easier to roll.
- Lay the tortillas out, and spread honey mustard on the entire surface.
- Add 3 slices of turkey to the half of the tortilla closest to you.
- Add cheese on top of the meat.
- Add the greens and the onion in the center of the tortilla, beside the turkey.
- Starting at the end next you you, roll the tortilla away from you.
- Repeat with second tortilla.
- I like to put them in the fridge so the honey can do it's sticky action to hold it all together while I prep the veggies. I find it cuts into the sections much easier.
- Assemble the veggie well of your meal prep container by adding the the veggies of choice and a small container of dip (or keep it separate entirely).
- Remove the roll ups from the fridge. Cut the tortilla roll into 5 - 6 pieces and place them in one of your containers. Repeat with the second rolled up tortilla.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
So, there you have it, a super easy no microwave lunch that you can send along with kids and husbands for lunch!