Breakfast and your morning coffee kick… at the same time! This Prep Ahead Espresso Oat Breakfast Smoothie is a filling and oh so amazing way to get your day started!
The struggle is oh so real when I am trying to decide between putting my coffee in a to go cup in the morning, or putting my smoothie in a to go cup. So, I had to create a world where my two loves unite.
There is a bit of flexibility with this recipe.
Don’t make espresso at home? try instant coffee mix added in, or just really strong brew coffee.
Like a creamier smoothie? Use frozen banana vs fresh.
I am a sucker for prep ahead foods, so I throw this altogether in a freezer bag and just dump it into my blender in the morning with my almond milk.
If you build these as freezer packs, you will need to add more almond milk to thin it out.
Breakfast doesn’t get any easier than this. Toss into blender. Blend until smooth!
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 date (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 Tablespoon nut butter of choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 banana, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup oats
- Shot (or a double!) of Espresso
- 5 ice cubes (more or less depending on the consistency you like)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until desired consistency.
- For make ahead, add everything except the almond milk, espresso, and yogurt into a freezer safe bag. At time of blending, omit the ice cubes, dump contents into blender and add almond milk, espresso, and yogurt. You also may need extra almond milk if blending from frozen.
Gone are the days when I need to choose between my commuter coffee, or commuter smoothie on my way to work!