I have recently been having a ton of fun running live workshops in my local city! I teamed up with local mom boss, Kaidy, owner of Social Supper to show how the Instant Pot can make dinner time a little less hectic… and much more delicious with Social Supper’s healthy freezer meals.
When we ran our workshop in March, we tested and made these Apple Honey Pork Tenderloins. I loved them so much that Kaidy is allowing me to share them with all of you who can’t be in Airdire, Alberta to do a meal prep session at Social Supper.
Kaidy’s original recipe is for 2 pork tenderloins for 4-6 servings. Given my family consists of just 2 meat eating people, when I do this as prep ahead I follow the recipe and include only 1 tenderloin. The only modification I make is to reduce only the cinnamon by half. You need all of the liquid in the original recipe to get the pot to pressure.
I was highly skeptical that there wouldn’t be enough liquid to make this one work but the apples breakdown into a delicious juice and this works perfect!
FOR MAKE AHEAD, toss all ingredients into a freezer bag, or foodsaver bag (with the exception of broth) and you are done. SO EASY. Do not add the liquid if you are doing this as make ahead. Add it the day of cooking. I also suggest making a note on the label to remind you that the broth is to be added.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 cups diced apples
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth,
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs palm or brown sugar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub on tenderloin.
- Add the honey, broth/stock to the instant pot insert.
- Add tenderloins and apples to instant pot insert.
- Set on manual for 7 minutes (for a mild pink centre) or 10 minutes if you like no pink in your pork tenderloin.
- Quick release the pressure when the timer goes off. I have found that natural release on pork tenderloin causes it to overcook.
- Slice tenderloins into medallions and pour the now apple reduced sauce on top.
So, there you have it, a recipe from the delicious minds at Social Supper! It is easy to assemble, easy to cook, and just like that, dinner just got a whole lot simpler!