Cold day? Need Comfort Food? Need a quick and savory Instant Pot dinner? I've got you covered with my Savory Instant Pot Mushroom Soup.
Mushroom soup is a classic! Savory Instant Pot Mushroom Soup takes it next level!
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I ate mushroom soup DAILY.
Those were the days before I new how to cook, so yes, it was the canned stuff. every.single.day. Sometimes even for breakfast. #pregnantgirlproblems
It weirdly became a food I ate when I was pregnant, and is my ultimate craving when I am looking for comfort food.
Recently, when I was going through an emotional rough patch, I was craving mushroom soup hardcore, and decided to ditch the can and try and make my own.
It turns out that recipe creating is also a pretty awesome distraction and form of therapy for me!
It took me three tries to get to this amazing Savory Instant Pot Mushroom Soup.
This version is not as creamy as the traditional versions.
Mostly because it is my preference to taste the broth and flavors, not just cream and flour. This recipe does call for some of those, but a much smaller volume, AND you can totally leave it out and this soup is also delicious. It is your call!
If you are looking for a recipe where you can toss it a whole bunch of fresh veggies and amazing flavors into your instant pot and then walk away for 7 minutes, this is your soup.
Savory Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion approx 1.5 cups
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Press the saute function on your Instant Pot
- When hot, add the butter. Once melted, add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, Dijon mustard, rosemary, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Stir, and cook until the mushrooms and onions cook down (about 3 minutes). I like to keep a few of the sauted mushrooms out of the soup to add after blending.
- Hit cancel and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the insert. If you don't do this, you could get the BURN signal.
- Add the broth.
- Put the lid on, set to seal, and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the 7 minutes up, carefully quick release the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup to desired consistency. Do not put hot liquid in a blender with the lid on.
- Combine the flour and water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the pot.
- Add the optional cream and stir until all warm.
So, there you have it, my most favorite comfort food, in almost and Instant!
Instant Pot soups are one of the main loves of my life, you can find more of them here!
Love the Flavor! Onions not quite softened, maybe sauté them first for a minute or two before adding the mushrooms and other ingredients. OR set the timer a minute or two longer. I am definitely going to make this again and try to get a little more thickness/creaminess that I'm looking for!
Just wanted to tell you how delicious I found this soup!
First time I have made mushroom soup, but it sure won’t be the last.
Thanks for sharing!
I am so happy to hear this! Thanks for giving it a try!
Cindy H says
I made this soup to go with dinner tonight! It was so delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Doreen Amato says
I have made this soup a few times, delicious every time! Like you, I prefer not to thicken it.
I will try this tonight. I had a mushroom and white cheddar soup the other day and I cannot find the recipe for it. So I will try adding some cheese to this! Thanks