Lemon blueberry nice cream will convert even banana haters to nice cream lovers! With only 3 ingredients, this beautiful summer treat is ready in under 5 minutes using only a food processor.
If you have never made nice cream before, brace yo self for your new summer treat.
If you hate bananas, this is the recipe to give nice cream a chance. The lemon cuts the banana flavor like a charm!
If you love nice cream, you are welcome, here is summer in a cup…. or jar!
Lemon blueberry is probably favorite flavor combo numero uno. Ok, that and tequila lime… but that is a combo for another day.
Let me just blow your mind for a quick second with this lemon blueberry nice cream!
I kid you not that all you do is add banana, lemon juice with some zest, and blueberries to a food processor. Give it a quick buzz and helloooooooo best nice cream of your life.
Don’t believe me? Let’s have a quick run down of how to make nice cream.
Load up on FROZEN fruit. Yes, must be frozen.
While we are talking frozen fruit, I should point to in the direction of how to freeze bananas. This is a necessary life skill for all things “creamy” but no cream needed.
You need frozen bananas for smoothies and all the nice cream you are going to take down this summer.
Ok, so you load up the frozen fruit.
Now, get that processor working. It will look at crumbly and nothing like nice cream at first.
But then lemon blueberry nice cream magic happens… it will start to transform!
You will have to stop the processor and scrape it off the sides a few times… but then… then… you get here!
Ahhhh!!!! isn’t it so gorgeous. Yes, food is gorgeous. Especially when it is all natural!
You don’t have to churn anything until the end of time for this one, and your processor will be put to work for less than 5 minutes.
You also don’t need to wait to eat this up.
You don’t need to put these in the freezer to set or anything. I mean, I would just take a spoon right to the processor jar… but hey, you do you!
So, who is on team nice cream this summer?
When you make this lemon blueberry heaven, I want to see it! Tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram, or come by the Meal Plan Addict Community and drop a photo!
Lemon Blueberry Nice Cream
- 2 cups frozen and sliced banana (approx 3-4 bananas)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend at high speed until it starts to form ice cream texture. You will have to stop the processor and scrape the sides down a few times.
- Repeat scraping the bowl and blending until desired texture is reached. This normally takes less than 5 minutes.
- This is best served immediately. If you decide to freeze it, be aware if freezes solid, not like regular ice cream. It will need to thaw a bit to return to the soft texture.