One Pan Tex Mex Gnocchi Skillet is your work week savior that the whole family will love! Using only one pan and topped with cheese with oh so delicious bites of gnocchi, this is your new work week go to quick and easy dinner!
Hey hey… turns out I can cook on a stove top after all! Exhibit A…
One Pan Tex Mex Gnocchi Skillet.
Yea yea tex mex and gnocchi is not the most typical paring. But, hey I like to bend the boundaries of deliciousness. Mission accomplished.
This is one of those meals that can be whipped up in one pan and in 20 minutes. Work week hustlers rejoice!
If you are not pan frying gnocchi yet, here is your chance to try.
Sure, you could do the typical method of boiling, but the quick crispification in the skillet is a game changer.
Yes, crispification. It’s a real word… somewhere.
Now, really what can go wrong here? Gnocchi. Rotel. Cheese, ground turkey, veggies.
Answer: Nothing can go wrong here (says the girl currently wearing her shirt on backwards).
If you are Canadian, you are probably wondering what Rotel is. Basically, diced tomatoes with chilies. I used to have to bring it back from the US when I traveled. Now, it is available in Canada (yea, triple the price, but we get it now!)
Heads up, this is a big batch recipe.
Easily serving 5-6 people. Planned leftovers (aka easy lunch prep) is now in your very near future! You’re welcome 🙂
Now, time to get your skillet cooking on my friends!
One Pan Tex Mex Gnocchi Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g package Gnocchi
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 whole red pepper diced
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 square slices Monterrey jack cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium to high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the gnocchi and saute until brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the turkey to the hot pan and cook until no pink remains.
- Add the onion, taco seasoning, corn, and red pepper. Saute until onions are translucent. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water if the turkey mixture is really dry.
- Add the cans of rotel into the pan.
- Add the gnocchi back into the pan and gently combine.
- Let simmer until warm. This is only a few short minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese carefully until melted.
- Add the Monterrey jack cheese slices on top. Remove from the heat and put a lid on the skillet until the cheese is ooey gooey melty.
- Serve immediately.
So, there you have it. A stove top recipe that will be on your table using one pan and in 20 minutes!