In celebration of Egg Farmers of Canada #WorldEggDay, I am sharing these Freezer Friendly Dill Feta Egg Wraps so you can get inspired to take part in World Egg Day on Friday!
These are perfect to batch make once, and pull from the freezer each day for a quick and no dishes hearty egg breakfast!
This post is sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada for #WorldEggDay. I was compensated for my time to create this egg creation. Thank you for supporting Canadian Eggs!
Yes, here I go again with eggs! If you follow me over on Instagram you see eggs in my story basically daily. I love them, so getting behind #WorldEggDay – a whole day dedicated to eggs, was right up my alley!
They are a great make ahead food, and I can almost always make them into a portable breakfast.
Mega bonus points for eggs because they are also a great source of protein with 6 grams per egg! Not to mention FOURTEEN essential nutrients per egg!
Fun little facts about eggs in Canada:
- Egg Farmers produce eggs in every Canadian province and over 1,000 family farms provide eggs for Canadians to enjoy! So whichever province or territory you buy your eggs from, you are supporting local farmers!
- Better yet, Canadian Egg farmers take great pride in caring for their hens to produce the highest quality of eggs for Canadian families by adhering to the same National Animal Care and food-safety programs, ensuring hens are always well cared for, and that eggs are always clean and fresh. I can get on board with that!
I am always a fan of investing energy once to make meals, and then enjoying them through out the week (or weeks) ahead.
This is one of those recipes.
A few expert tips:
- Make sure the wraps are fully cool before putting into the freezer. This prevents condensation leading to freezer burn and your wrapping sticking.
- On reheat, crisp them up in your air fryer or frying pan! The crunch in the wrap is essential!
- 10 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup fresh dill rough chopped
- 2 pork sausages casings removed
- 10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, feta, dill, salt, and pepper. Set Aside.
Heat frying pan and once hot, add sausage meat, removed from casing. Cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, melt the butter.
Add the egg mixture and heat until scrambled eggs are cooked. Set aside to cool.
To assemble the wraps, divide the sausage and egg mixture evenly between the 10 wraps. Adding the mixture to the middle of the wrap.
Fold one side over, followed by the opposite side, then roll the wrap. Place the seam down on foil, and wrap each egg wrap individually and label.
To reheat from frozen place in the oven at 400F for 20-30 minutes or in the microwave for 4 minutes, flipping halfway. I have also used my air fryer to reheat. I set to 370F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
I want to know how you are eating your eggs on World Egg Day!