Roasted gnocchi and brussels sprouts is an easy to put together dinner with only a sheet pan and and handful of ingredients. Easily vegetarian by simply leaving out the bacon!
No precooking of gnocchi or bacon for this easy sheet pan dinner!
You use shelf stable gnocchi uncooked and place the bacon on the sheet pan uncooked and it all cooks together for the a crispy, delicious dinner.
This is how easy this sheet pan gnocchi and brussels sprouts is to make:
- Toss ingredients in a bit of oil (minus cheese and bacon )
- Dump onto sheet pan, top with the bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, add cheese, finish baking.
Why bake gnocchi vs boil it?
For this recipe, you don’t have to boil your gnocchi because 1 – why dirty another pot if you don’t have to, and 2 – the texture is far better baked vs boiled!
Can I meal prep this?
You can. When you microwave reheat the texture of the gnocchi will be a bit softer. I highly suggest pan frying this for reheat if you can.
Can I add chicken to this?
Yes, you can add chicken. You may want to reduce the veggies or split into 2 baking sheets to prevent over crowding.
You can leave the chicken breasts whole on the sheet, but just make sure they are cooked to 165F.
Do not over crowd the chicken if you do decide to add it.
Can this be prepped ahead of time?
- Yes, add the veggies, garlic and oil to an air tight container.
- Leave the bacon, gnocchi and cheese out until you cook the dish.
- Can I use frozen gnocchi? – yes, the cook time may have to be increased by a few minutes.
- Can I use different veggies? – yes, the key to sheet pan recipes is to use similar cook time veggies, or cut longer cooking veggies into smaller pieces.
- Can I make this vegetarian? Of course! Simple leave the bacon out and add 1 tbsp of additional oil.
Looking for more sheet pan dinners? Try these…
If you make this recipe, tag me @mealplanaddict on Instagram so I can see and share on my story!
Sheet Pan Baked Gnocchi, Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- 500g pkg uncooked gnocchi
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 small red onion – rough chopped into large chunks.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ½ cup parmesan pedals (or just grated parm works too)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place the uncooked gnocchi, brussels sprouts, red onion, garlic and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to coat everything lightly with oil.
- Gently transfer the ingredients from the bowl onto a sheet pan.
- Lay the strips of uncooked bacon on top of the gnocchi and veggies.
- Salt and Pepper as desired. Do not add the parm at this point.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 more minutes.
- When done, remove bacon, rip into smaller pieces and return to the pan.
- Serve immediately.