Ditch the traditional style Philly Cheesesteak sandwich this week, and make this super quick and simple Philly Cheesesteak Meal Prep instead!
If there is a meal that I eat out at a restaurant all the time, I will find a way to turn it into a meal prep recipe.
While I am eating out, I do live a good traditional Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but, when I am prepping for my week, I need it to be more of a make ahead meal prep style.
So, enter… the Philly Cheesesteak Meal Prep!
This meal prep can easily be made low carb by swapping out the rice for cauli rice, or by having it along side some steamed veggies instead.
This meal prep comes together quick on the stove top and can be made even more hands off, if you cook your rice in a rice cooker or instant pot, while the Philly cheesesteak part cooks on the stove!
You guys have been asking for more “man meal” meal preps for your husband’s, sons, and even yourself!
So for you beef lovers, this one is for you! … and me … because I am addicted to it and love it!
Are you ready to get your Philly Cheesesteak loving meal prep on?!
Philly Cheesesteak Meal Prep
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese (or traditional provalone!)
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- In a pan, on medium heat, saute the beef until half way cooked.
- Add the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms to the pan. Let simmer until beef cooked throughout. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Add the Worcestershire and beef broth to the pan. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes until the broth is mostly absorbed.
- Add the cheese to the mixture, and remove from heat. Residual heat will make the cheese all melty.
- Divide the Philly cheesesteak mixture into 3-4 meal prep containers (depending on preferred portions) and add 1/2 cup cooked rice (or cauli rice) to each container.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate for up to 4 days.
So, there you have it, another traditional restaurant classic – morphed into a a meal prep lunch!
If you like the look so of this Meal Prep, check out ALL of my meal prep recipes here.