These Make Ahead Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups are an ultimate meal prepper’s dream. Cook once and eat all week with these hearty cups. With Ham, Egg, and Sweet Potato, these will keep you going all week!
My make ahead breakfast requirements are that I can put in effort ONE time, and eat for the whole week.
I also like to pack my breakfasts with protein….. and they need to be able to be consumed with one hand… usually in my car.
It is a sad but true reality of my 9-5 commuter life. I need to eat while multi-tasking.
I have been experimenting with egg cups… but have come to learn that most are “too eggy” if that is a thing. So between my hard boiled eggs, my freezer friendly quinoa egg scramble bowl, and these prep ahead Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups, I have found my perfect balance!
These are loaded with veggies to offset the full on egg feel… but still get your breakfast protein in!
These really are as simple as line a cupcake tin with ham slices, add in some sweet potato, cover with scrambled egg mixture, top with cheese, and bake.
- 1 cup, cubed sweet potato,
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ⅔ cup grated cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line a baking pan with parchment, and bake the cubed sweet potato at 350F for 20 minutes. It is ok if they are still a bit firm, the will cook again with the egg.
- Meanwhile prepare the cups.
- Place one slice of deli ham in each of the 6 muffin tin cups and set aside until sweet potatoes are done.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk until combined.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms, and green onions to the egg mixture.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, divide them evenly into the ham cups.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the sweet potatos until the muffin tin cups are full.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes - or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Let cool completely before putting into a storage container to prevent them from going soggy.
So, there you have it, a delicious way to cook once on meal prep Sunday, and have a breakfast to go each day!
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? Check out these breakfast recipes too!