Meal Prep Instant Pot Italian Stuffed Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground Turkey or Chicken - NOT beef
- 1 egg
- 1, 200 g package cocktail size Bocconcini cheese balls
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon oregano
- 769 mL can crushed tomatoes not diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar to offset the tomato acidity
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups water very important so you don't get scorching and the BURN signal
Add all of the sauce ingredients into the inner liner of the instant pot.
Stir to combine.
Place meatballs in the sauce (it is ok to stack them).
Spoon sauce over the meatballs.
If you are doing pot in pot rice, pour the rice and 1 cup water into your oven proof bowl, and place the trivet and bowl in the pot now. Otherwise skip this step.
Put the Instant Pot lid on, set to sealing, and set on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release after the pressure cycle
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 71g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 26g