15 Minute Spiralized Pierogi Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion spiralized (using the flat blade) and then roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot spiralized
- 4 cups spiralized cabbage using the flat blade
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 large can 769ml/28oz Diced Tomatoes (I use Muir Glen roasted tomatoes for a richer flavour)
- 6 cups beef broth
- 10-12 pierogies of choice
- Scallions and bacon for garnish
In a large stockpot, heat oil on medium heat.
Saute onion for one minute, and add garlic. Saute for one more minute.
Add broth, tomatoes, spices, Worcestershire, carrots and cabbage- simmer on low/medium heat until carrots cook (only takes 2-3 minutes).
GENTLY add pierogies. If using fresh made, simmer for 2 minutes.
Garnish with bacon and chopped scallions, as desired.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g