This grain free version of breakfast burritos uses sweet potato sheets rolled up around all the classic breakfast foods! This can easily be done as prep ahead and put in the oven in the morning.
Perfect for entertaining, or for every.single.weekend.
Given how excited I am about spiralizing all the things, when I saw the new Kitchen Aid Vegetable Sheet Cutter attachment that now turns veggies into sheets, I knew I had to get my hands on one and get playing. If you haven't seen this yet, Downshiftology has a great video!
First up on the blog for my veggie sheet experiments is this spin on the breakfast burrito!
Just like the traditional version, you cook up all of your classic breakfast foods and then roll them up to bake!
But, the twist is that you use a sheet of sweet potato instead of a classic tortilla!
The recipe as written is for 2-3 people, but can easily be adjusted to feed a crowd!
You can also very easily customize the stuffing. My version has eggs, cheese, onion, bacon, and poblano peppers!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Roll Ups
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup diced poblano or green pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus more for topping.
- 3 strips cooked bacon
- 4 sweet potato sheets - each sheet 8 inches long
- ½ cup salsa plus more for topping if desired
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spread salsa on the bottom of the dish. If you don't use salsa, make sure you grease the dish.
- In a pan, cook the bacon, and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the eggs, diced poblano, diced onion,
- Remove bacon from the pan and add the egg mixture.
- Heat until egg mixture is fully cooked.
- Lay out the raw sweet potato sheets, and add ½ cup of egg mixture to the middle of each wrap.
- Add half a slice of cooked bacon on top of the egg mixture.
- Roll it up and place in an oven save baking dish, seam down.
- Top with cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings such as sour cream, plain greek yogurt, and salsa.
So, there you have it, a prep ahead breakfast using veggie sheets!
Looking for more make ahead ideas? or Looking for more things to do with your veggie sheet cutter? Come on over to the Confessions of a Meal Plan Addict Community!