Ready for a simple batch recipe that is lean and delicious?! Bye Bye take out, hello fake out, take out Orange Ginger Turkey Meatballs!
Turkey Meatballs are one of my most favorite lean proteins to prep.
First of all, they are easy to roll up and freeze raw, and second, they are easy to add to lunch right out of the freezer in a pinch! Go here to see how I flash freeze meatballs!
I have been overdosing on my Sneaky Italian Turkey Meatballs, my Instant Pot Meal Prep Italian Stuffed Meatballs, and my Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs, so it was time to put these new Orange Ginger Turkey Meatballs up on the blog.
But this one. NO INSTANT POT needed. This one is done on the stove top!
Homemade Orange Ginger Turkey Meatballs are a great alternative to take out. Take out meals are usually pretty high in sugar (that's how they get that sticky sauce), and even higher in salt, and probably some MSG, too.
You can control your salt and sugar content so much better when you make your fake out take out foods in your own kitchen! Add in the veggies of your choice and you have got yourself a filling dinner, without the junk!
A word of advice for freezing ahead. I prefer to freeze these raw (separate from the sauce). I find reheated turkey meatballs to be a bit dry, so I like to prep them raw, and cook them from raw.
Of course I love these for meal prep lunches too. Make a batch and portion out with rice, cauli rice, veggies, or anything! and you prepped once and have a delicious take out fake out lunch all week!
Orange Ginger Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 284mL can mandarin oranges
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 green onions
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- For the meatballs, in a large bowl, combine the Turkey, panko, egg, salt and pepper.
- Form into balls (approx 15) and place aside. Do not over mix.
- For the sauce, place the mandarin oranges (plus it's syrup/juice), ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and cornstarch into a blender. Blend for a couple of pulses until all combines.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Once shimmering, add the meatballs. Cook on each side for 2 minutes to get a crispy outside.
- Once the outsides are cooked, add the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cover and let simmer 10-15 minutes, or until the meatballs reach 165F inside.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
So, there you have it, Orange Ginger Turkey Meatballs to add to my blog's collection of meatball meal prep recipes! Say bye bye to takeout and give these a try!
Looking for more batch cooking, freezer, and meal prep ideas? We have you covered in the Meal Plan Addict Community! Come on over!