Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad comes together quick, and is great as a meal prep recipe that lasts 3 days in the fridge for a quick grab and go lunch!
Cauliflower everything was the foodie trend of 2018.
Because of that, 2018 is when I got onside with cauliflower rice as a side for dinner. Usually it was as cauliflower fried rice, or I even tried cauliflower "wings" a few times.
But, when I had some to use up recently, I decided to make it into a salad!
A Mediterranean cauliflower chickpea salad.
A year ago if you would have told me I would be eating cauliflower or chickpeas I would have laughed. Both were on my no go list.
Cauliflower started coming into my life after I tried cooking it a few other ways beyond steaming and baking. Actually it was this Indian recipe that changed cauliflower for me.
Then, learning that I don't like canned chickpeas, but LOVE buying them dry and making them in my Instant Pot (here is the method) was a huge game changer for me. My Greek Chickpea Salad Meal Prep is one of my top 5 recipes on the whole blog now!
So, now I have been testing so many recipes with chickpeas, and this Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad is a winner! So many words I never thought I would say, right there!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup raw cauliflower rice
- 1.25 cups drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 cup diced red pepepr
- salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup avocado oil or sub for oil of choice
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients from the ingredient list.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. I also will simply put the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar, add the lid, and shake.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently combine.
- Portion into 2-3 meal prep containers. This recipe is actually even better the next day when the dressing has been with the veggies!