Instant Pot Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Sandwiches have a great flavor and make for a deliciously different sandwich!
It’s also great served with mashed potatoes or rice for a more hearty dinner.
I had never had a Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Sandwich until I was gifted a copy of The Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes book (affiliate link) from the publisher to have a look at.
Well... welcome to the regular rotation Instant Pot Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
This new book has 4 bloggers joining forces to compile.. just that... A big book of Instant Pot Recipes. The book is 240 recipes, EACH with a beautiful high quality image.
If you have seen my Instagram Story, I read cookbooks as a hobby, and am frustrated when there is a lack of images!
So, 10/10 ladies and a very interesting spin on Instant Pot pulled pork, too!
This pulled pork recipe was super simple to make, too!
Mixing up the spice mix is a breeze, and I had never really put these pantry spices together before!
When I made this recipe, I modified it just a bit compared to how it is written in the book, and in the recipe card below.
Browning the pork before I pressure cook it isn't something I think is needed, so I just went ahead and skipped that step!
I just put the pork right into the pot with the spice mix.
Then just add the broth in.
As always, I wonder, how can I make this a freezer or meal prep recipe?
There are 3 options here.
Prep Raw and Freeze
To do this, I would rub the pork with the spice mix and transfer to a freezer zip bag. Add the broth (or water) just at time of cooking.
Make Ahead for the Week
Make this recipe on Sunday and have it ready in the fridge all week for lunches!
Freezer Meal Lunches
Freeze this with a side of rice in freezer safe meal prep containers like these 2 compartment glass meal prep containers (affiliate link) that I use. Freeze in individual servings and grab and go when needed!
I can't wait to dig into more of the recipes from The Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes book!
Love your Instant Pot too? Check out even more Instant Pot recipes from here on the blog!
Instant Pot Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Sandwiches
sandwich! It’s also great served with mashed potatoes or rice for a more hearty
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4lb (1.8Kg) pork shoulder
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- crusty rolls
- sliced pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, cinnamon, allspice, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, thyme and cayenne.Rub the mixture all over the pork roast.
- Press sauté to preheat the Instant Pot. When the word “hot” appears on the display, add the roast and brown it well on all sides, adding a little oil to the pot, if necessary.
- Remove the roast and set aside. Add the water or broth to the pot, taking care to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Return the roast to the pot.
- Secure the lid with the steam vent in the sealed position. Press manual and adjust the timer to 50 minutes. Check that the display light is beneath high pressure.
- When the timer sounds, quick release the pressure and carefully remove the lid. Shred the meat with two forks and stir in with the liquid in the pot. If the pork does not easily shred. Put the lid back on and add more time.
- Divide the meat mixture among the rolls and top each with a slice of pineapple.