These Black Bean Blender Brownie Bites with Salted Caramel Chips are the perfect cure for that 3 pm chocolate craving. Move over M&Ms, there is a new chocolate fix in the house - and this one has protein and is flour less.
Black Bean Blender Brownie Bites are blowing minds all over the place!
I pulled the black beans out and my husband asked what I was doing. I said making brownies. He basically fell out of his chair laughing at me. Thanks babe.
I then went to my Instagram Story and asked my followers what they thought. More doubt!
Joke is on all ya'll. NAILED IT
Yes, it took me more than one try to get it right, but heck to the yes, I did it!
Baking is not my jam. Desserts are not my jam, but look at this! I am hoping this is the first of my healthy treat adventures.
These fudgy Black Bean Blender Brownie Bites are not only awesome, but are flour less and without refined sugar.
Ok, except the bits on top, those are legit processed from a factory. If you cant get salted caramel chips in your area, you could melt some caramels into a drizzle, or add bits of skor bar... or just regular chocolate chips!
I had the intention to make these for that 3 pm chocolate craving, because my M&M consumption at work is pretty much out of control. But.... I am wondering if these will make it 2 days in this house!
These are so simple to pull together, too. Put all of the ingredients (minus the chips) into a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. Then, bake!
To get the bite sized bars without having to cut them, I use a silicone pan like this one.
Each cavity in my pan is 2 Tablespoons of batter. If you use a different mold, or use and 8X8 pan and cut them, you will need to increase the time (approx 30 minutes for the 8X8 pan).
Black Bean Blender Bites (with Salted Caramel Chips)
- 540mL can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 egg whole
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup salted caramel chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Add all ingredients except the salted caramel chips into a high powered blender. I tested this recipe in my Vitamix. Blend until smooth. About 1 minute. This likely will not work well in a regular blender. If you don't have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtech, I would opt to use a food processor instead.
- Scoop the batter into your oiled silicone mold tray. You can also use a parchment lined 8X8 pan, but I have not tested it in that pan.
- Add a few salted caramel chips to the top of each brownie bite.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Cook time will need to be adjusted if you mold is not 2 tablespoon capacity per well. Your brownie bites are done when you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the mold. They are likely to fall apart easily when warm.
- Store at room temperature in a air tight container for 3-4 days.
So, there you have it. A protein packed, flour less version of brownies for your snacks this week!