Dates, peanuts, dark chocolate, peanut butter. Need I say more?!
Don’t run away from the dates. I promise you that once you whip up the dates with the peanut butter and the peanuts you won’t even recognize these dates!
I am always looking for healthier ways to combat my 3 PM sweet tooth, and here is one way I do that…. EATMORE BITES!!!
These are fairly quick to whip up and require no baking! I have made bite sized chocolate bites a few ways now, and I think I have perfected it!
You will never hear me say this about chocolate again… less is more. The dates are sweet and so you really don’t need a lot of chocolate.
Use MINI sized muffin tin liners and put a SMALL dollop of chocolate on the bottom of the cup.
Roll a small ball of the date/peanut/awesomeness and flatten it. Place ontop of the melted chocolate.
Drizzle A BIT more chocolate on top and top with a peanut.
Once these bad boys are ready, try not to eat them all. Portion control is key here! That is also why I keep these in the freezer!
No Bake Eatmore Bites
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Peanuts unsalted
- 1 TBS Peanut Butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- If you are not using Medjool Dates, you will likely need to soak the dates for a couple of hours. If you use Medjool Dates, you can skip the soaking.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and peanut butter. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it binds.
- Add peanuts and pulse a few times.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes. Keep a close eye as melted chocolate goes from awesome to burnt very quickly.
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate (just to cover the bottom) in the liner.
- Roll about a teaspoon sized ball of the mixture into a ball, and flatten a bit.
- Place slightly smushed ball on the melted chocolate.
- Drizzle a small amount of chocolate on top.
- Add a peanut for garnish.
- Place in freezer for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Transfer to ziplock baggie and freeze. Not sure how long these might store for. They have never lasted a month in my house.
I know these are a hit because my small human ate one and asked for more. She had no idea she just ate dates. Muah ha ha ha ha ha.
So, there you have it, a little bite sized piece of heaven – straight from the freezer. You’re welcome.